What laws govern the operation of our website?
Our website is governed and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, send us an email or enter information on our site.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions smoothly and securely
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
When using our ‘LIVE CHAT’ function.
We provide a ‘Live Chat’ facility to help our visitors with immediate assistance to their inquiries. A record of the conversation is stored for 3 months for the purpose of statistics and then permanently deleted.
It is only accessible to our managers and is used for quality assurance, staff performance reviews, and coaching.
When making a Job Application online.
We provide potential staff with a facility to apply online through our website. https://www.conversational.com/careers/. Information provided is kept securely on our servers and stored in a MySQL database where our Human Resource (HR) manager can review them and download resumes of qualified candidates. The resumes are then given to the personnel handling the interview with HR. Their access is regulated and subject to our Employee Access Controls and Procedures.
None of this information is ever shared with a Third Party.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of industry-accepted security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We have secured the use of our own fully managed and secure servers internally. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database, held by us and can be only accessed in house by those authorized with special access rights to our systems. They are required to keep the information confidential and access to data (e.g., by employees) is regulated and subject to the Employee Access Controls and Procedures.
Access to our servers and networks is protected and managed by multiple software and hardware firewalls which block access from any location, other than our offices.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to provide continued automated billing.
We fully adhere to PCI Compliance standards and scan our website nightly for malware, illegal intrusions and outside access to our data. We update our site with the latest upgrades immediately.
We also use Third Party cookies to assist us in operating and analyzing the use of our website. Third Party providers we use are:
- We use Google Analytic cookies to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. The information generated by these cookies are transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google Analytics is established in the United States and has entered into the Safe Harbor agreement, which entails that they must ensure an adequate standard for privacy protection in light of applicable EU rules and regulations. Google use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Google has also developed the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to enable website visitors to opt-out from having their data from the website visit collected. More information can be found here.
- We use third party social plug in content sharing cookies, for logged in members of a social network.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Web browsers allow control of cookies through their browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Cookies we use:
Browser specific instructions to block and remove cookies
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop@hI=en&oco=0
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201265
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-browsing-history-firefox-ios
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hI-en&oco=0
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hI-en&oco=0
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-your-browsing-history-and-other-personal-data
If users disable cookies in their browser:
Disabling cookies will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account
- By chatting with us or sending us a ticket
We will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page. We will also acknowledge all such requests by sending us a ticket https://conversational.com/contact-us/ or email addressed to email@example.com
Users can visit our site anonymously by utilizing their browser settings or by using a third party anonymous network or browser such as Tor.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
At the moment we do not observe the Do Not Track browser requests as it hampers some of the intended functions of our website to allow social media interaction.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking through our use of Google Analytics. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in site notification
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.conversational.com/.
150 Riverside Parkway
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
16 McCarville St.
Charlottetown, PE C1E 2A6