What is Workplace Morale?
Workplace morale refers to the attitudes and opinions employees have about their company and their roles within them.
Why is Workplace Morale Important to My Business?
Staff morale is proven to be the backbone of any business. As a business owner, you can’t afford to not take it seriously, because positive work cultures breed productivity and efficiency. Higher staff morale and productivity allow for:
- Better engagement
- More loyalty to the company
- Successfully achieving organizational goals
- Decreased employee turnover
- Better customer satisfaction
Not focusing on morale within your business can have a direct impact on your success and this should be monitored even before problems arise.
How To Increase Workplace Morale?
There are several factors to consider when it comes to staff morale. Workplace atmosphere among other aspects plays a big part in what someone finds important, but these main strategies are a sure way to start on the right track.
- Work-Life Balance
Ensuring a satisfactory work-life balance within your organization is likely the most important strategy for happy team morale. Some tips to ensure a great balance between work and personal life are:
- Providing flexible schedules – this not only promotes staying power for a staff member but also can be a huge determining factor for many when you are recruiting.
- Allowing employees to work remotely – since Covid-19 this is likely the second most important benefit many employees are looking for.
- Offering Time off – Your workers need vacations, sick days, and the ability to manage personal issues. Allowing those much-needed days off can lower stress, increase health, and leads to happier and more productive employees.
- Meaningful Work
Workers who feel a strong sense of purpose and pride within their work are less likely to experience work burnout. Ensuring an employee feels they are valued and their work is contributing to the success of the company is essential to employee morale and decreases turnover within your organization. Setting clear duties and ensuring the proper training and expectations of those is a great way to get off on the right foot.
- Workplace Compensation and Benefits
Whether an employee is considering taking a new position or staying in their existing role can greatly attribute to the benefits they receive from an organization. Some key benefits which attract and retain employees may be:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Dental and Vision Coverage
Aside from benefits an employee’s salary package is considered the topmost important factor for employees considering a new position or sticking with their existing one.
- Path For Advancement
Employees generally tend to choose a job or career path they are passionate about. Whether they are starting out in that field or tenured in it, all employees want to know they can set goals and have the ability to reach them. Providing employees with advancement opportunities can come in many forms:
- Training opportunities
- Earning an advanced degree or certification
- Taking on Higher Positions
- Adding responsibilities and compensation
- Limiting Overworked or Stressful Situations
In today’s society we have enough impacts on our mental health and stress levels, so keeping our work environment stress free is another essential part of a positive work environment. Low morale can contribute to frequent absences, and this can add additional stress to other employees having to pull the weight of others.
Where can Conversational help in boosting staff morale? We offer professionally trained receptionists to ensure calls are routed to appropriate staffing taking the work off the in-house employees. This allows your employee’s time to be best spent on productive tasks and limits distractions to those.
Along with having more efficiency among your staff, your client satisfaction will also increase so they are not passed around before they reach the person they need to speak with.
Call us today to start your 30-day money-back guarantee to see how you can boost your morale!